Well, I followed the initialization all the way through the
GraphicsWindowX11 initialization and looked at the visual info.
Everything looks like I expect it should.  I then followed it through
to make sure the context that watched get created in GraphicsWindowX11
is in fact the one being made current by ViewerBase and that looks
right....

Has anyone else tried setting quadbuffered stereo or requested an
alpha buffer using this example on linux?

Any guidance or info would be appreciated.

Scott