From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Chris
'Xenon' Hanson
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 10:28 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: [osg-users] Testing osgconv recursion for VPB databases

  It occurrs to me that in the interest of testing, I should make more
public mention of the changes I sent to osg-submissions yesterday
(though I forgot an attachment until Robert thwacked me this morning).
These changes allow osgconv to convert an entire VPB/osgdem terrain
database (or other multi-file PagedLOD/ProxyNode database) from one
format to another (between osg and ive) _recursively_, automatically
converting all referenced subfiles and handling destination path
matters. Hopefully this more or less obsoletes the entire script+cd
procedure documented on this wiki page:
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/VirtualPlanetBuilder/wiki/Compres
sExisting

  You can use it to convert formats (ive/osg), compress existing
databases, embed or unembed textures in IVE (.ive plugin
"OutputTextureFiles" option) and apply pseudoloader/savers (.osg.scale)
to the database during conversion.

  More info is in my osg-submissions messages of yesterday. You will
need pretty much every change I submitted yesterday to get osgconv to
function this way.

  Obviously, this could use more testing. I'd be interested in hearing
from anyone who uses this capability about what you did and how it
worked for you.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere                  Xenon
AlphaPixel.com