Hi there,

I'm doing something very similar - OSG hosted in .NET. The way I've done
this is I have my render thread running in a loop and instead of rendering
continuously, I have a Stack<RenderArgs> hosted in the OSG .NET control.
Then if I want to render, I push a RenderArgs onto the stack.

Inside the render thread, I check if there is an item in the stack, if so,
pop it out and render.

That way I have control over rendering (I only render when I need to in my
app, as its a visualisation and doesn't need to run continuously).

Also in the render thread, if there are no stack objects I will
Thread.Sleep(1) to pause the render thread for 1ms (The minimum allowed
time).

This is just one solution. You could alternatively call frame directly and
just use some object to handle the thread locking (Lock keyword in C# or
Monitor::Enter/Exit in C++/CLI). Calling frame from within MainForm_Paint is
not that bad an idea, I've donet his myself for DirectX visualisation
applications before.

Cheers,
Andrew