Hi Wang,

any chance to see an english version of your book in the near future?

Congratulation for your work, indeed. :)

Regards,

Andrea Negri

Wang Rui wrote:
Hi all,
After 3 months of long waiting (from the SIGGRAPH to present), I am very pleased to announce that, the book /OpenSceneGraph Design and Implementation/, which is written by Wang Rui and Qian Xuelei and predicted on the OSG BOF, finally COMES OUT! Wang Rui and Qian Xuelei, OpenSceneGraph Design and Implementation, Tsinghua University Press, 2009.11; ISBN: 978-7-302-21303-1; Price: 45.00Yuan (about $6.6); Paperback, 377 pages. Please visit the Tsinghua University Press website for more information about this book: http://www.tup.com.cn/book/Showbook.asp?CPBH=033945-01&DJ=45 <http://www.tup.com.cn/book/Showbook.asp?CPBH=033945-01&DJ=45> Chinese readers may order it from:
http://product.dangdang.com/product.aspx?product_id=20732977
The book resource website:
http://code.google.com/p/osgenginebook/
You may freely download the full examples source code and have an overview of them here. Hope the 38 very short examples may help you even without reading the book. I try to build the website Chinese-English bilingual, so don't worry about language limitations. :) More snapshots could be found at http://code.google.com/p/osgenginebook/ I’d like to thank Don Burns and Robert Osfield for their creative efforts to give birth to OpenSceneGraph, as well as over 1700 (maybe even more today?) members of the OSG core community and over 2400 members of the osgChina community, for their support and contribution all the time! Many thanks to Paul Martz of the Skew Matrix, for his tremendous passion for improving OSG documentations and great help on supporting the publication of this book. He also took time out of his busy schedule writing the foreword. Thanks to Wei Zhanying, Guan Yanling, Chen Xuexia and Su Yuyang of Beijing Geo-Vision, for providing all kinds of assistance to the author during writing. Thanks to Xiong Jian of Tsinghua University Press, Zhu Youhong of 3DVRI, Gao Feng of Appsoft, Xu Mingliang of Zhejiang University, CG Laboratory of Beijing Forestry University and Yang Shixing, Xiao Peng and He Sicong of the osgChina Team, for technical reviewing, providing images and examples, and contributing in some other way. Thanks to my co-author Dr. Qian Xuelei, for helping me finish some chapters and proofread the entire text. Finally, I should thank my parents Wang Lihang and Bao Ximei, and my fiancee Leng Qin. I could not have done this without their patience and moral support during the whole time. Best wishes, Wang Rui ------------------------------------------------------------------------