Oren Fromberg wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion... I'll definitely check it out.

my other question is how do I modify the geometry on the gadgets to be located
around an origin, namely the point around which the gadget transforms? so if my
gadget is located at point (x,y,z), I want the point of articulation to be at
(0, 0, 0). I was thinking I could put a transform right above the geode that
offsets everything by (-x,-y,-z), and somehow use the Optimizer in osgUtils.
any suggestions?

That's one way to do it. If you're not familiar with the Optimizer, you'd want to use the FLATTEN_STATIC_TRANSFORMS bit.
   -Paul