Hi J.P. , Robert,

as far as I remember PBO is indeed slower for formats not natively supported by
the VRAM. On nVidia GPU's it seems that the PBO transfer of GL_BGRA is imho the
fastest one. Yes, it is even faster than GL_RGBA.
I think that has something todo with alignment of the data in the memory.  If I
am wrong, then please correct me.

cheers,
art