Hi Bret,

The osg::Camera has initial/pre/post and final callbacks that can be
used for the purpose of adding extra calls.  It's also possible to use
an osg::GraphicsOperation and attach this directly to the
osg::GraphicsContext (equivalent to Producer::RenderSurface).

I would have though the Haptic's wouldn't be directly to OpenGL though
so you could probably run the calls from the main loop i.e. not need a
valid OpenGL graphics context, or even run the thread in background
thread.  I'm not familiar with the hatpic library though so I could be
heading off in the wrong direction..

Robert.