Hi Agos,

We can change your name from "Agostinho Silva" to "Agos Silva", if you like so.
However we can not just remove the last part of your name, because we should
stay fair in respect to other people. The main reason, why everybody is asked
to have both names, is that this forum is connected to the mailing list. Forum
came almost 10 years after the mailing list, so the most community members
were/are concentrated around the mailing list. The main contributors and
authors of OSG are also prefer to use mailing list except of the forum.

Usually the communication in the mailing list is done through mail clients,
which are set up to put realname in the from header. So the community is used
to know both names of a person who is acting on the list. Forum introduced some
kind of anonymity (nicknames except of real names) which was not that well
accepted in the community. Hence we decided to force every forum user to follow
the same netiquette rules as established over the last years during the mailing
list age.

I hope you and other people will understand that.

best regards
Art