Brad,

Sorry for the confusion, but reverting to GDAL 1.6 was our work-around.  :(

We haven't had time to investigate exactly what the cause of the
problem was or how to fix it.

If and when we do find a way to use a more current version of GDAL,
I'll try to remember to let you all know, especially since we only use
it for building/using VPB.

Again, I'm sorry if I caused confusion.  Good luck...

D.J.