Ricky,

Based on the code you posted, you're taking a screenshot every frame - and from
the same position, no less.  You're creating the same matrix each time, and
thus setting the view matrix to be identical each frame.  Then you're doing
file I/O that is the exact same too.

When I ran your code without doing all of this on every frame (i.e. returning
after the first frame or two) everything seemed to work.  In fact, I also ran
it exactly as you'd posted it, and it still executed without error, just very
slowly.  I'm not sure where the seg faults are coming from but perhaps you're
just bogging stuff down too much since the code isn't really doing something
you actually want it to do...?  In principle I don't see a problem with moving
the camera from one view to another and taking a picture from two (or more)
points - but the way it is set up right now isn't right.  At least, not as I
see it.

Cheers,
Tom