Hi Brad,

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Christiansen, Brad
> My question now is, at this stage, is it a good idea to rely on the
> TileLoadedCallback mechanism within the current osgTerrain design?

I don't have any plans to remove TileLoadedCallback, but it's a niche
part of osgTerrain only used by a small set of users so it's one to
test and make sure it doesn't got wayward.

Being pro-active like you are is good news.  I'm sorry that I can't be
of more direct assistance right now - my brain in focused on the
issues of shader composition, a complex enough topic to be rather all
encompassing.