I am attempting to utilize a transparent image as a texture map.

I can successfully display the transparent image as a texture on a simple
rectangular geometry.

But, I would like to be able to "see through" to the background wherever the
image is transparent.

I've utilized the osgHelp program "GeometryTexture" as a baseline and I can
load my image, but the transparent parts of the image show through to the
default gray material of the underlying geometry.  I see a gray rectangle with
my image on top of it.  Even though my image has many transparent areas.

I would like to be able to see through the transparent areas of the image into
the background.  i.e. If all I have on the screen is a single rectangular
geometry with my transparent image, then I'd like to see the blue background
through the transparent parts of my image.

Can anyone give me a pointer or advise?

Thanks in Advance.

Tim