Hello Jose,

I'm trying to use the library osgShadow but when I use it, I have the shadow
effect in the sky too. I'd like to know how can I remove this effect.

You might have seen that ShadowedScene has methods called {set|get}{Casts|Receives}ShadowTraversalMask. For shadowMap-based techniques, only the Casts mask works. You would need to use the Receives mask to control whether objects receive shadows, but it's not considered, so you can't do it that way

But you have two other options:

a) don't put your sky in the subgraph under the ShadowedScene. Make a root osg::Group, under which the ShadowedScene will be one child and other children can be added who will not have shadows.

b) replace the osgShadow default shaders by your own, then you can control shadow application using a uniform variable or simply use a different shader that doesn't apply shadows for those objects you don't want shadows on.

Also, is it possible to use osgShadow for files .ive?

Yes of course, any model format OSG can load then becomes part of the scene graph and will work just as well for osgShadow. Moreover, .ive is (one of) OSG's native binary format, so you can even save some OSG-specific things in .ive files.

Hope this helps,

J-S