Hi Stephan and Florian,

Le 27 juil. 10 à 10:23, Stephan Huber a écrit :

Hi Florian,

Am 23.07.10 18:25, schrieb Florian Kolbe:
Hi,
I am very delighted to see that the porting is making progress, and I would like to contribute. Here are my experiences so far:

I did the following to get the code:

Code:
git clone http://github.com/stmh/osg.git
cd osg
git branch -a
git checkout remotes/origin/iphone

i am by no means a git expert, I used the tutorial at
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads/GIT to get the
source.

This should work, too:
git clone git://github.com/stmh/osg.git
git pull origin iphone

2. The XCode Project is referencing files from osgIntrospection which are all missing?

I removed them, as osgIntrospection is deprecated.

3. Can it be built for the Simulator? Trying to build for Simulator 4.0 I get compile errors apparently because "struct stat64" is unknown. There is some logic whether to "#define stat64 stat" but it seems to fail? (using 10.4)

Yes, my test builds for the simulator went fine. Don't know, what the
problem is. What system are you using for development, what
xcode-version etc.?

The mentioned code compiles cleanly on my end.

4. Project tries to build freetype Plugin.

Code:
osg.git/osg/IPhone_Project/../src/osgPlugins/freetype/ FreeTypeFont.h:19:0 Ft2build.h: No such file or directory in /Users/ fke/osg.git/osg/IPhone_Project/../src/osgPlugins/freetype/ FreeTypeFont.h

The file IPhone_Project/3rdParty/lib/libFreeType_iphone_universal.a is there and 3rdparty/include/freetype2 also, but there seems to be a problem with wrong case? The file in the repository is: ft2build.h (but include-Statement says: Ft2build.h).

I did a file-wide search, and all includes are referring to
<ft2build.h>, I can't reproduce your problem on my end.

A. Is there a publically available issue tracker for OSG and/or OSG on iOS ?

Not yet. Just use this list for reporting bugs and issues, as the demand
for an iphone-port is relative low.

B. Should we open a List (in terms of forum structure) specifically for iOS support?

If the traffic increases perhaps yes.

C. How is the process for submitting code changes to the iOS branch?

As I am currently maintaining this fork alone, feel free to send them to
me (as whole files, see the osg-submissions-protocol on the website).

I haven't wrapped my head around git and github enough, but there's a
good chance that you can fork the osg repository, apply the patches and
send them back to me to integrate them into the repository in an
automated way. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can shed some light here.

The best way would be to fork on github and then clone your fork locally, push your changes back to github (covered here : http://help.github.com/forking ) and then ask for a pull request in the github interface (button next to the fork one). One day this might even be the way everything goes back to the main osg repo.

HTH

I am currently busy with other projects, and I am doing the work on the
iphone-part only in my spare-time, so I am making less progress as I
want on this end.

cheers,

Stephan