Hi Robert

I've had a look at OSG's databases. I'm extracting 2D slices from a 3D
database. I can't change the data storage method used for the 3D data,
and I want to avoid any preparation stage that would require duplicating
all the data in another format.

Once I've extracted a 2D slice I need to store it in another internal
format so that it can be accessed by other programs.

For those reasons I don't think the OSG's databases will work for me.

>From what I understand any OpenGL texture has to be entirely within GPU
memory if it is accessed at all, so I think I can cut my usage of GPU
memory a lot by breaking up the textures - then occluded textures won't
be paged in. Do you know of any examples of how to do this within osg?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Grahame