Hi All,

Yesterday I did a review of Mesa's/sgi GLU implementation to look at
the practicality of merging several GLU implementation directly into
the core OSG.  The motivations behind are to make it possible to build
the OSG with the GLU features across all GL targets - including GLES,
and GL 3/4 where GLU is not supported, and also enable us to tweak the
GLU implementations so that we can call them from threads that don't
have a valid graphics context current.  It also simplifies the
dependency chain a little as we will no longer require the external
GLU library.

My review and preliminary experiments with integration went well so
today I bit the bullet and dived in at doing the code integration.  I
now have the OSG building under Linux without the external GLU
library.  The include/osg/GLU header now contains a subset of the
glu.h, with small tweaks to make things compile within the OSG, and
have placed the implementations in src/osg/glu/libutil and glu/libtess
which mirrors the structure found in Mesa so further down the line we
should be able to keep track of changes more easily.

I have already checked my changes in, and have done fresh check-out's
under Linux and everything so far has built. I have feedback from
Jean-Sebastien Guay that things aren't yet compiling under Windows,
and I've applied some of his fixes as well as a few more of my own to
try and get things compiling.  I'm expecting this process to require a
few iterations behind we have a clean build on Windows and Linux.  I
would appreciate testing under other platforms as well.

My hope is that we'll be able to quickly settle the code down and have
it compiling without issue across all platforms.  The more users who
pitch in with testing of svn/trunk the quicker we should be able to
find all the issues and resolve them.  I'll be watching the list like
a hawk for problems and will try and get fixes in a soon as possible.
 I do have to sleep later so it'd be great if we could resolve all the
major problems in the next hour or so, otherwise we might just have
broken build overnight.

Thanks in advance with you assistance on testing,