From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Robert Osfield
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 11:36 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Why is Vec not a template?

Hi Brad,

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Brad Colbert <bcolb...@rscusa.com> wrote:
> A templated Vec class isn't all that hard to implement and maintain, it's
> pretty straight forward.

There are awkward, and making it templated is totally pointless.  What
is there to gain?

> What's a pain is a templated Matrix class, although totally doable (from
> experience).  I would gladly help if someone wanted to start taking on the
> task.

I'm not about to merge code that offers no advancement in features,
performance or maintainability.  There are plenty of things the
community can help out with, stuff that doesn't advance the OSG is a
step backwards.