Congratulations !

I was interested in writing this book as Packt offered me, but it was too much work and I'm not an OSG master yet ...
Now I'm very interested in reading it !

Vincent.

Le 22/12/2010 14:04, Wang Rui a écrit :
Hi all,

After 6 months work, we would finally proudly announce a new OSG
beginners book: OpenSceneGraph 3.0 Beginner's Guide, written by Wang
Rui and Qian Xuelei, and published by Packt Publishing. This time we
are writing totally in English and you could be free from the
hard-to-read Chinese characters this time (except those in my country
:-)

The official website of this book is:
https://www.packtpub.com/openscenegraph-3-0-beginners-guide/book

And you may find it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/OpenSceneGraph-3-0-Beginners-Rui-Wang/dp/1849512825/

We'd like to first thank Don Burns and Robert Osfield for their
creative efforts in giving birth to OpenSceneGraph, as well as
thousands of members in the OSG core community, for their supports and
contributions all the time.

Thanks again to Robert Osfield, a pure open source enthusiast and
father of a happy family, for his tremendous passion in leading the
development the OSG project for so many years (since 1999). He also
took time out of his busy schedule to write the foreword for this
book.

We must express our deep gratitude to Rakesh Shejwal, Usha Iyer, Leena
Purkait, Priya Mukherji, and the entire Packt Publishing team for
their talented work in producing yet another product, as well as
Jean-Sébastien Guay and Cedric Pinson for reviewing the first drafts
of the book and providing insightful feedback.

We would like to acknowledge John F. Richardson and Marek Teichmann,
who announced the book at the OpenSceneGraph BOF at SIGGRAPH 2010. We
also offer special thanks to Zhanying Wei, Xuexia Chen, Shixing Yang,
Peng Xiao, Qingliang Liu, Su Jiang, and a number of other people who
contributed to the completion of this book in different ways.

Finally, we owe the most sincere thanks to Paul Martz, who dedicates
the first non-commercial book to OSG beginners all over the world and
provides great help in supporting the publication of our past and
current books.

I will dedicate this book to his parents, Lihang Wang and Ximei Bao,
and my lovely fiancée Qin Leng, for their patience and moral support
during the entire writing.

Hope this book could be a not too bad present for everyone who wants
to learn OSG step by step, or just loves to find bugs flying around
the book :-) Finger crossed to see if this would be usable for the
community, and any suggestions and advices will be always appreciated.

Cheers, and merry Christmas to everybody,

Wang Rui