Hi Linda,

I tried using ShadowMap and the effect is the same. How do I check if my model is using texture coordinates on the same stage as shadow map (1 by default)? I tried using ShadowTexture and the effect is okay.

Does osgshadow example look correct (using shadow map and default scene with rotating shapes) ?
Does it look correct when you load different model. ?

If they do, then your model could be the cause. Try converting your model to .osg format with osgconv utility. Then load produced .osg file into text editor and look for 'textureUnit 1' sections. If you find one then it means your model does use the same stage as shadow map.

But it seems that of all Shadow effects, only Shadow Texture seems to work on my machine. I am using ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330. Is that an issue?

That could be the reason. Older ATI drivers were flipping shadow map texture. Install most recent Catalyst drivers you can find. I have old Radeon X1250 in my laptop. Last Catalyst available for this board are rev 10.2. And they seem to work correctly with shadow maps, but earlier revisions were a disaster. I am sure you will find fresher release than 10.2 for your board.

Cheers,
Wojtek