That occurred to me.  How do you use the ldd command?  I will give that
a try and report back.

I am thinking though that is may be the code.  I am getting the same
problem with two separate machines.  Both run Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.  The
only difference is that one is 64 bit and the other is 32.  The 32 is a
laptop and the 64 bit is a desktop.  I have not had any trouble with osg
in a while.  I do not get any compile errors, just the runtime error.