Thank you, thank you, thank you. That worked perfectly.

-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2011 3:58 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Screen Resolution Being Overriden in Twinview

Hi Karl,

The issue you are seeing is mostly like the window manager redirecting
the request for a full sized window to produce a window that fits one
screen.  To tell X11 to override the window manage redirect you'll
need to set the Traits::overrideRedirect flag to true.

Robert.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Cary, Karl A. <karl.a.c...@saic.com>
wrote:
> I am having an issue with screen resolution in Twinview. If I am in
clone
> mode or non twinview, everything is fine. But when I am in twinview
> otherwise, the screen resolution changes even though I am not telling
it to.
> It is essentially adding an invisible window decoration as that is the
size
> it is changing by.
>

> My setup: I have 2 monitors, one is 1280x1024, the other is 1920x1200.
> would like my application to show up on the 1280x1024 monitor and it
does,
> just not at 1280x1024. When I create my graphics context, I do the
> following:
>

> osg::ref_ptr<osg::GraphicsContext::Traits> traits = new
> osg::GraphicsContext::Traits;
>
> traits->x = 0;
>
> traits->y = 0;
>
> traits->width = 1280;
>
> traits->height = 1024;
>
> traits->windowDecoration = false;
>
> traits->windowName = "myApp";
>
> traits->doubleBuffer = true;
>
> traits->sharedContext = 0;
>

> osg::DisplaySettings* ds = osg::DisplaySettings::instance();
>
> traits->sampleBuffers = ds->getMultiSamples;
>
> traits->samples = ds->getNumMultiSamples();
>

> osg::ref_ptr<osg::GraphicsContext> gc =
> osg::GraphicsContext::createGraphicsContext(traits.get());
>

> At this point if I pause my program, the resolution is already wrong.
It is