From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Mukund
Keshav
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:29 AM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: [osg-users] OpenSceneGraph with glut support

Hello,

im using OpenSceneGraph for the past 2 days. Well, i would be needing it
mostly for terrain rendering.

i was wondering if i can use OSG with some low level gl functions?

What i mean is,

say im using OpenSceneGraph. Now i want to use some gl functions, can i use
both together.

something like this:

Code:

/* Use gl functions, build the projection matrix */
 ..
 ..
/* Now build the modelview matrix */
 ..
 ..
/* Now i build some scene using OSG */
 ..
 ..

/* gl functions to render */
 ..

Can i use this approach. i would like to use the lower level flexibility +
the ease with higher level APIs. Is this possible?

This is exactly like the question asked here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org/msg12497.html

Thanks,
Mukund