Hi,
I know this is quite an old topic, anyway I'm experiencing exactly the same
problems as Adrian BUT I'm using the latest svn/trunk code (downloaded just
yesterday).

I can also add that if I execute osgshadow with the --SingleThreaded switch
then the artifacts are not there anymore.

I use a MacBook Pro (i3) with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M and Mac OS X 10.6.5.

Regards.
Alessandro