Hi Andrew,

There a number of different ways to achieve the layer effect you are
talking about.  You could use multiple view's each with Cameras all
sharing the same graphics context and then switch these Cameras on/off
as needed using the Camera's NodeMask.  You could also place the
Cameras in the scene graph itself and toggle them on/off in the same
way, or place an osg::Switch above them.

Robert.