On 03/25/2011 03:00 PM, Gordon Tomlinson wrote:
I would expect Creator to handle things better than OSG as Creator has a
quite a robust and forgiving FLT file reader ( as it should : ) ) , and it
can handle malformed files quite well, it will skip records it does not know
etc. and try to create  usable structure, you might see issues in things
like the material and color pallets etc.

Yeah, I know. I've found the OSG loader to be at least somewhat forgiving, too. I guess I'd just expect it to get something on the screen, even if it's not completely correct.

If you save the file out from Creator then it will be upgraded to the
version of open flight and written out with the correct records etc. You
lose details that were to malformed for Creator to handle  etc..

Also you might look in the Creator log it may have spit out some warnings or
notices about the original file

I did check the error log.  Didn't see anything relevant.

Also what version of Open Flight was the original file written by Terra
Vista ,as this may affect the ability of the OSG to read the file,

Creator will read files in back as far as V12 and maybe even earlier
depending on the file, but some things are no longer supported by Creator so
you can get some oddities on versions earlier the V14

Peter's file was 15.8.  The one I sent will be 16.4.

--"J"