Hi Barry,

A number of the OSG plugins support reading from istream, and the tiff
plugin is one of them, a quick grep of the source code suggests that
the quicktime and imageio plugins also look like do to.

So... just use a istream to map the memory and then pass this to the
plugin you want to read the stream from.

Robert.