Hi Paul,

Thanks for tackling the 2.8.4.

I have just checked out the 2.8.4-rc1 and so far the only problems
I've encountered are with the build of the ffmpeg plugin against a
recent version of ffmpeg.  svn/trunk addresses this problem, so I've
applied similar changes to the 2.8 branch to address this build issue.
  I presume you made the 2.8.4 release from the 2.8 branch so the rc2
should pick up on this build fix I've just checked in.