Hello,

We currently have an OSG based application which renders at 30-60+ fps on
our development hardware with discrete gpus.  Unfortunately we have to be
able to  deploy on a wide range of hardware including stuff that is
significantly less capable (Intel GPUs, etc).  On some of these slower
platforms we are seeing framerates that are 10-15 fps.  This is actually ok
for us with one exception, live video.

We show live video in the scene graph (for now strictly in the HUD).  We
have a requirement to make the video render at native speed (~30 fps).  I am
looking for a way to make the HUD/video render at 30 fps and let the rest of
the scene graph render at a floating rate (whatever the machine can handle).

How might this be accomplished?  Since this is a HUD, obviously it must
ultimately render to the same graphics context, however it doesn't really
need to respect the depth buffer, etc of the rest of the scene (it should
always render on top).

PS Should I be thinking about render to texture?

Related threads I came across:

http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=7858

http://lists.openscenegraph.org/pipermail/osg-users-openscenegraph.org/2008-
January/006000.html