Hi all,

I was playing around with the dev release 2.9.14 on Windows (not the
latest svn) and had to play around with some build files to get it to
compile. I'm no guru on cmake by any stretch, but to compile the plugin I
had to edit one of the cmake files. First though, I downloaded openvrml
0.17.12 and used my existing boost build (1.44.0 the plugin readme says
to use an older version of boost, but I think this version works too). I
noticed that cmake wanted to find openvrml _antlr and _regex libraries,
but both are no longer used in openvrml. I commented out the following
lines in  src/osgPlugins/vrml/CMakeLists.txt:

#    FIND_LIBRARY(OPENVRML_ANTLR_LIBRARY
#        NAMES antlr.lib
#        PATHS $ENV{OPENVRML_DIR}/lib)
#    FIND_LIBRARY(OPENVRML_ANTLR_LIBRARY_DEBUG
#        NAMES antlrd.lib
#        PATHS $ENV{OPENVRML_DIR}/lib)
#    FIND_LIBRARY(OPENVRML_REGEX_LIBRARY
#        NAMES regex.lib
#        PATHS $ENV{OPENVRML_DIR}/lib)
#    FIND_LIBRARY(OPENVRML_REGEX_LIBRARY_DEBUG
#        NAMES regexd.lib
#        PATHS $ENV{OPENVRML_DIR}/lib)

and

    SET(TARGET_LIBRARIES_VARS
    #        OPENVRML_ANTLR_LIBRARY
    #        OPENVRML_REGEX_LIBRARY
            OPENVRML_LIBRARY
            JPEG_LIBRARY
            PNG_LIBRARY
            ZLIB_LIBRARY)

Then I was able to run cmake without a problem.

The last thing I had to do was to set one of the use/build macros
defined in the openvrml library file openvrml-config.h. You need
to choose either OPENVRML_USE_DLL or OPENVRML_USE_LIB depending on
whether you are linking to dynamic or static libs. In VisualStudio, you
just open up the properties window, find the Preprocessor menu under
Configuration Properties->C/C++. Then click Preprocessor Definitions
and add eitherOPENVRML_USE_DLL or OPENVRML_USE_LIB.

I didn't notice any mention of this in the osg-users list, so I thought
I'd send this out in case anyone else had this problem. If there is a
cleaner solution that I missed, please do correct me.

Thanks,
-K

Keith Parkins                    U of R Center for Visual Science