Try using the --TERRAIN option in the osgdem command to see if that
makes a difference in your build times...

-Shayne

-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of ijustfu
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 6:26 PM
To: osg-users
Subject: [osg-users] Too long to generate the DEM with osgdem

Dear all,

      I am newer for using OSG.
      I compile gdal and VPB and rightly get all the files with VS2005.
When I use osgdem to generate DEM, I find it generates .IVE and a folder
of XXX-_root_L0_X0_Y0 .
      The problem is: It takes too long to generate the DEM. I check the
time of file genration time and find the intervals between first several
file is very short for level 0, level 1 and level 2. Coming to level 3
and after, the intervals are long, in my case 2 minutes or 3 minutes.
So, after one and a half days, the DEM is only generated half.
       The input files are : Texture is:  texture.tilf 70m 4019*4284  ;
DEM  is: height.tif 47m 4019*4284.
       The comand line to generate DEM is : osgdem -t texture.tif -d
height.tif -l 8 -a mydem.osga
       Anybady can help me?

Thanks a lot.

2011-05-28