Hi,

I suffer very strange problem: osgDB::readNodeFile() method is dramatically
slow when loading *.obj files and is called from Qt4 application. The tiny test
Qt project is attached. For every other format I ever tried everything work
flawlessly.

I also found that the cause is in Q(Core)Application creation before calling
readNodeFile(). If you comment it out, everything is fine. If you uncomment it
back, the problem returns.

Here're some timing results:
 - without QCoreApplication construction

Code:
$ time ./osgtest

real 0m0.706s
user 0m0.344s
sys 0m0.072s

 - with QCoreApplication construction

Code:
$ time ./osgtest

real 0m46.886s
user 0m46.479s
sys 0m0.216s

Did anyone notice something like this? I think it can be because of some
threading problems but can't still evaluate.

Thank you!

Regards,
Alexey

Attachments: