Hi,

I have a very big OpenFlight based database in which I've converted the ProxyNodes for terrain-tiles into PagedLOD nodes.
The general layout of the database looks like this:

master
    |--------PagedLOD (flight_0_0)

                        |---------PagedLOD(tree1)
                        |---------PagedLOD(tree1)
                        |---------PagedLOD(tree1)
                        |---------PagedLOD(tree2)
                        |---------PagedLOD(tree2)
                        |---------PagedLOD(house1)
                        |---------PagedLOD(house1)
    |--------PagedLOD (flight_12_1)
                        |---------PagedLOD(tree1)
                        |---------PagedLOD(tree1)
                        |---------PagedLOD(tree1)
                        |---------PagedLOD(tree2)
                        |---------PagedLOD(tree2)
                        |---------PagedLOD(house1)
                        |---------PagedLOD(house1)

As you can see I've converted referenced external objects (former ProxyNodes) which have LODs themselves to PagedLOD nodes. All paged LODs (flight terrain tiles and references models such as tree1 .. treeN are single ive files) All ive files are exported "noLoadExternalReferenceFiles" and "noTexturesInIVEFile" to make sharing of textures and sub-externals possible
With this setup I encounter a problem.
It seems like referencing e.g. tree1 multiple times in the graph creates multiple render instances instead of sharing the node. So loading the master.ive almost certainly consumes all available memory. Is there an error in my thinking, that the nodes for tree1 ... treeN can be shared whilst being under a pagedLOD?

cheers
Sebastian