I tried building OSG on Cygwin 1.7 and I first tried to do it without X
but it seems that osgviewer seems to insist on X11 and that WIN32
option has been removed (or is that what you get if you leave it at
none).

At any rate I finally accepted the defaults (except adding -DNOMINMAX
and was bale to get osg to build but to get edit several link.txt files
during the build.  I ran Cmake and did the configure and generate and
then each time it bombed using something involving osgviewer then I
would go edit the appropriate link.txt file and add -lX11 -lXrandr to
the executable line in that file and then execute the file.  This would
complete the link and then when I started my make again it would move
past that build and continue.  I did this for each link failure as
follow:

In the build directory for OSG (my build root is /usr/develop/obj/osg):
/usr/develop/obj/osg/src/osgViewer

I edited the file:

vi ./CMakeFiles/osgViewer.dir/link.txt

and added the -lX11 -lXrandr to the line in link.txt.  I then executed
the link.txt file as in :

./CMakeFiles/osgViewer.dir/link.txt

and the file built - so that was all it needed for osgViewer but...

I then would have to do this other parts of the build (osgArchive,
osgConv and so on ) to get it to finish.

My question(s) is/are where do I find the logic that dictates during
the Cmake configure what libs to include and in what files will I find
this when the generate finishes.  I would like to tweak this so the
cmake configure and generate for cygwin was smart enough add the X11
and Xrandr libs.

I would also like to know (if any knows) what in general should be the
setting to get osgviewer to build without X11 on Cygwin and just use
the opengl and no X.

thanks

bk