Hi,

I don't know ARTK, i would just use plain osg and its quicktime-plugin
for video playback: (make sure osg's quicktime-plugin gets compiled)

osg::ImageStream* image_stream =
dynamic_cast<osg::ImageStream*>(osgDB::readImageFile("my_movie.mov"));

if (image_stream) {
    image_stream->play();
    // do something with the imagestream
}