That's one hell of a error. ¡He doesn't reach the initOsgWindow function!

I've never seen it, but I have some ideas. First it's the same error for
both of them. This must be some Native compatibility isue. I've heard that
the EglView in which the example is based has some troubles with some
devices but no one has said something solid about it. So, try to check by
debug or just Log (quicker) which methods of the EGLview.java if onDraw is
calle before onSurfaceChange or if onSurfaceChanged is never called we'll
hace to see if there has been some changes in the API that requiere a SDK
target version on the manifest. If not... well we'll see.