Hi Wei,

I haven't used an particular paper/online resource as a guide to how
the quad tree is set up, I simple computed the values from first
principles.  The basic idea is that the one is aiming to create as
even tile dimensions as is possible on the Level 1 - this will be 2:1
for a whole earth database, then each individual tile is then divided
into the 4, and then VPB keeps subdividing the tiles in this way till
the resolution of the output tiles matches well the resolution of the
source imagery and DEMS.

Robert.