Hi,
I'm new to osgPPU and OSG in general, so please bear with me :)

I'm trying to use the built-in mechanism in osgPPU::Unit for copying the
rendered textures to the CPU. I'm using a simple tester based on one of the
osgPPU, and my initialization code is structured like this:

Code:

// Somewhere in the middle of the Processor graph:
osgPPU::Unit* pUnit = new osgPPU::UnitInOut();
pUnit->setUsePBOForInputTexture(0, true);
parentUnit->addChild(pUnit);

With this code the frame rate drops significantlly, from 60 to 10-30
(dependning on the viewport size). If I comment out the glGetTexImage call
inside Unit.cpp, everything works as before (but nothing gets copied, of
course).

Considering I don't mind getting the texture with a delay of a few frames, is
there any way to improve the performance of the current implementation?
I must say I've read about PBO (http://www.songho.ca/opengl/gl_pbo.html), but
I'm not sure whether this is the correct approach here, or how to integrate it
with the existing code base.

Thanks,
Shahar