Hi Renato,

I haven't read your other postings, but to answer this and in
anticipation of what your next questions may be, I'd like to point you
to a site that will help with a lot of what goes on under the hood.
First to answer your question go and read this little primer on modern
opengl vertex arrays:

http://www.songho.ca/opengl/gl_vertexarray.html

It will explain what is going on under the hood of OpenSceneGraph. What
OSG does is get rid of you having to maintain all of the opengl state
and focus on the data. Your question about the index array is directly
answered there.

Dig around the top pages and you will most likely find the answers to
your future questions:

http://www.songho.ca/opengl/

OSG uses transpose matrices. You don't have to understand that to use
OSG, but if you know linear algebra and are planning on manipulating
matrices by hand you need to know that.

Good luck!
-K