Hi Preet,

> 48 rings and 72

This isn't a particular big mesh at all - the osgparametric example
creates a 708x708 mesh for roughly 1 million triangles, it runs at a
solid 60Hz on even my 8 year old laptop, so we can safely say that
size of the mesh is not a problem.  You'd have to have a pretty crappy
graphics card and drivers not to be able scale up.  What is the
hardware??

The OSG viewer will automatically assign a TrackballManipulator when
you call viewer.run() and this will set it's home position to the
center of your model.  As for the coordinates - it's certainly not
ideal to use ECEF coords with floats, but all that should happen is
you'll get a bit of jitter on the coordinate position.  There are ways
of solving this - a topic that has been discussed many times before
here so just look in the archives for discussion about whole earth
databases.

Robert.