Hi,

after many days i have been succesfull to display that hell of cow
on my Archos 80 G9, using OSG 3.0.1 compiled for Android under Ubuntu 11,
and Necessitas (QT for Android) using OGLES1.1

[Image: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7555/p6082164.jpg ]

Probably i have made some mistakes, but i have been forced to recompile
Necessitas QT Framework to debug some libEGL errors, and i have modified two
lines of code:

In qandroideglplatformcontext.ccp
//m_eglContext = eglCreateContext(m_eglDisplay,config,
          EGL_NO_CONTEXT, attribList);

->  m_eglContext = eglCreateContext(m_eglDisplay,config,
           EGL_NO_CONTEXT, 0);

In qeglconvenience.cpp
EGLConfig cfg = 0;
        QVector<EGLint> configureAttributes =
                   q_createConfigAttributesFromFormat(format);
        [...]
        configureAttributes.append(EGL_OPENGL_ES2_BIT);
        configureAttributes.append(EGL_NONE);

->   EGLConfig cfg = 0;
        QVector<EGLint> configureAttributes =
                   q_createConfigAttributesFromFormat(format);
        [...]
        configureAttributes.append(EGL_OPENGL_ES_BIT);
        configureAttributes.append(EGL_NONE);

I have not enough skills to fully understand this code, but i guess
that QT was initializing EGL for OGLES 2.0 and not for OGLES 1.1,
while i was using the following defines in QT Creator
DEFINES += \
    QT_OPENGL_ES \
    QT_OPENGL_ES_1 \
    EGL_OPENGL_ES_API \
    OSG_GLES1_AVAILABLE \
    OSG_GL_MATRICES_AVAILABLE \
    OSG_GL_VERTEX_FUNCS_AVAILABLE \
    OSG_GL_VERTEX_ARRAY_FUNCS_AVAILABLE \
    OSG_GL_FIXED_FUNCTION_AVAILABLE \
    OSG_BUILD_PLATFORM_ANDROID \
    OSG_LIBRARY_STATIC

The cow.osg file ha been "reduced" removing the texture, to avoid errors with
OGLES 1.1

Cheers,
Massimo[/img]