Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the tests and feedback. I'm focusing on creating a material
system which may be a little similar to the Ogre one but will be very
easy to integrate with OSG scenes. I'd like to also have a benchmark
including a complete deferred shading pipeline in the near future to
show others how OSG produces realistic worlds. :-)

Your requirement could be easiliy implemented with one forward pass
rendering the scene to a texture, and two deferred passes doing the
blur work with the texture as input. A final compositing pass will
make use of the outputs of the blur passes and output to a new
texture. You can get and use the new texture then in the scene for
your own purpose instead of direct displaying them on screen. I'd like
to upload a DOF effect file and an updated example some days later to
demonstrate how these work.

Thanks,

Wang Rui