Hi Bastian,

It's likely to be a driver bug, or perhaps a sensitivity in the driver
to the GLSL shaders that are used - sometimes some drivers can be more
picky than others.  I previously worked with an ATI card under Linux
with osgVolume and didn't have problems so perhaps there has been a
regression on the driver front.

To investigate further you'll need to see if there are any OpenGL
errors reported - have a look on the console to see if the OSG has
picked up on any OpenGL errors.

Robert.