I've been testing integrating the silver lining clouds and sky SDK into our
application. The light source (position and color) is dynamically updated
by silver lining, and it would be nice to have matching shadows.

The application display part of a city skyline (about 2km by 2km). The
ground and water surfaces are using shaders, anything else is using the
fixed function pipeline. Most buildings are simply geometry without
textures (just vertically extruded ground shapes), but some iconic
buildings in the skyline is represented as detailed 3D models (originally
Collada format, but converted to .ive using osgconv)

Now I wonder how I could start adding a shadow technique to this
application. What shadow technique is best suited for a geometry of limited
size where the camera can be freely moved about?

I guess all my geometries that use shaders will have to sample from a
shadow map. Is there any osg example that I could use as a reference (using
shaders)?

What else should I consider when integrating an existing osg shadow
technique into an existing application? Maybe someone who has also gone
through these steps could offer a little guidance.

Christian