Hi Tim,

On 1/11/12 5:32, Tim O'Leary wrote:
> Is it possible to change CURL environment variables (e.g., OSG_CURL_PROXY)
> programmatically, or am I stuck with the same value until I restart my OSG
> application?
>
> I would like to be able to change OSG_CURL_PROXY, and I'm trying to do this
> by calling
> (in Visual++) SetEnvironmentVariable("OSG_CURL_PROXY", "some_URL") but it
> doesn't
> appear to actually have any effect on OSG/CURL.  I have to shut down my OSG
> application, change the environment variable manually, then restart my OSG
> application.

The curl plugin also supports setting these through
osgDB::Options::setOptionString.  The
options can be passed to the readNodeFile call.

Be aware that if the environment variables are set, then these take precedence!
(Which actually sounds like a bug to me, code supplied values should always take
precedence over environment supplied values.)

Cheers,
/ulrich