From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Paul
Martz
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:44 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] [forum] Rendering backface like front face

There are a couple different scenarios.

If a surface is composed of triangles that all have a normal consistent
with the winding order, but some of the triangles are facing the wrong
way, then two-sided lighting will address the issue. That's why I asked
the OP if he had tried this.

If your surface has normals that are not consistent with vertex winding
order, then you might be able to fix this in a shader by flipping the
normal only when the dot product is negative, but I've never tried this.
I've always just called it a modeling bug. :-)

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519