Hi Jan, Jorge,

first of all, thanks for the support in timely fashion ! Jan, also, thanks
for the details in your email, you really "talk" as to a child - yes I am
doing these baby steps in Android development now so it is highly
appreciated.

Let me answer Jorge first:
- I am working with the trunk (as always)
- HTC Wildfire S
- The options from here
http://www.openscenegraph.com/index.php/documentation/platform-specifics/android/43-building-openscenegraph-for-android-3-0-2
 - I have tried both, same behavior

Jan, here are more questions:

...Either compile for the version 5 ABI ("armeabi" - which doesn't use
Neon) or disable the Neon instruction set according to the instructions in
the doc.

how? Do you have the link from the documentation handy? I tried to google
it for some short time and no luck.

Starting mobile app development with OSG as your first project is a really
terrible idea due to the complexity - try some of the SDK examples first,
then the examples from the NDK so that you understand how things fit
together.

I know. This is really good advice but no time frame for it since my focus
in osg on android, I do not care about the other ( I should not actually,
at least at the moment based on the spec ). So I really rely on available
documentation and support from the community which is great btw, having
people like you :).

Thanks again

Cheers,
Nick