We have a scripted update and build process using buildbot and an
unreleased Open Source tool we developed called Conductor.

It usually works, but generally SOME package update SOMEWHERE breaks
something whenever we update.

We COULD update our packages nightly, but since we don't have the
publishing-to-web step automated yet, we do it only on-demand.

We are hoping to support VS2012 as soon as we can get all the dependent
components to build ok on our new build system. I'll tackle 2013 when it
seems stable enough to use.

I don't know what kind of collaboration we _should_ do, but I'll share
anything we have that you might want. I'd welcome any tips you have for
building stuff on VS2012 (and 2013 when we get there...)

My goal is to build and distribute as much of OSG and the OSG peripheral
ecosystem and related projects as possible. I pay for my developers and
sysadmins to do this out of my own pocket as a promotional expense because
very few people ever donate/purchase anything to support the build system.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Torben Dannhauer <tor...@dannhauer.info>wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I agree regarding the collaboration.
> Do have a fully scripted build process? In my case it its manual, but I
> have documented it in the privided source package quite detailed - I think
> it is a matter of time to script it completely.
>
> However, how often do you update your package?
> In my case I'm not able (it is not my profession, just a hobby
> [currently]) to release it regularly enough to ensure that every of the
> contained packages is up to date. The last packages for VC9 were only built
> when required for my project. In autumn VS2013 will be released. I plan to
> upgrad ASAP since the C++ compiler in VS2012 has really annoying bugs and
> is crappy bul..!"§%^@#!$%§ *mute*. So expect to get an new updated package
> in autumn.
>
> What kind of collaboration do you think of? What kind of service (level)
> should we provide regarding the precompiled third party packages for
> windows?
>
> Greetings from Salzburg/Austria,
> Torben
>
> ------------------
> Read this topic online here:
> http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=55239#55239

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. xe...@alphapixel.com
http://www.alphapixel.com/
Training • Consulting • Contracting
3D • Scene Graphs (Open Scene Graph/OSG) • OpenGL 2 • OpenGL 3 • OpenGL 4 •
GLSL • OpenGL ES 1 • OpenGL ES 2 • OpenCL
Digital Imaging • GIS • GPS • osgEarth • Terrain • Telemetry • Cryptography
• Digital Audio • LIDAR • Kinect • Embedded • Mobile • iPhone/iPad/iOS •
Android
@alphapixel <https://twitter.com/alphapixel> facebook.com/alphapixel (775)
623-PIXL [7495]