From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Glenn
Waldron
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:04 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] [vpb] osgdem and HAE/MSL

Nick, Shayne,

I have not looked at VPB in a while, but I believe it expects height values
to be referenced to the WGS84 ellipsoid. If that's the case you'll need to
convert it first to HAE.

By the way: DTED heights are referenced to the EGM96 geoid (not to the WGS84
ellipsoid). So they need conversion in order to be properly displayed. GDAL
(up until recently?) does not convey this information so there's no way for
the application to know. You just have to know :)

Glenn Waldron / @glennwaldron

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519