Hi Kim,

Since you are not telling us what a "Big Size of Terrain" actually means, we cannot see where the problem lies. Usually this is due to a poor structure of the scene graph, missing LODs, etc. It also could be shader bound, e.g. your fragment shaders/tesselation shaders are simply doing too much.

CUDA can help with mathematically problems that can be solved using parallel algorithms. But usually it won't help with rendering performance. There are some cases where it might help. For instance when your rendering is CPU bound in a way that you have to do a lot of computations before you can actually render the scene. So improving the performance is a vague term, as you don't provide more information on where your bottleneck lies.

cheers
Sebastian

Hi,

First of all I am not familiar with Osg and CUDA

I implemented fIight simulation program with osg
but If I use big Size of Terrain, The performance(fame rate) of application is
not good

So I wanna try to apply CUDA to my osg application for improving the performance

So what do u guys think about it?
Is it possible to improve the performance With Cuda?
and could u let me know How to implement to my osg application?

Thank you so much in advance  for any help :)

Cheers,
Kim