Am 11.11.2013 22:44, schrieb Wojciech Lewandowski:
Hi,

I guess answer to main question would be go ahead and add this.
Okay, I just wanted to make sure they are not left out intentionally.
But I just want to write about something else here. If you attach Texture2DMultisample to Camera you would want to leave the number of samples and color samples at 0. Thats because these params are used to set up rendering to multisampled Renderbuffer objects and in post step that Renderbuffer is copied to attached texture. If you set Texture2DMultisample and additionaly set numbers of samples in attach it will do rendering to Renderbuffer and then will copy the result to your Texture2DMultisample attachment. I guess its not what you are after.
That is strange. In this case I need some explanation. I want to render several multisampled color attachments and resolve them in later passes. In this case I create a multisampled color texture and attach it to the camera. In consecutive passes I rebind those textures as input and resolve them there. If I leave the colorsamples and sample count at the FBO I get a FRAMEBUFFER_ATTACHMENT_INCOMPLETE error for the first pass. Setting them solved the problem and I got a correct rendering.
So what is the correct thing to do here?

You mentioned a copy. I always thought binding a texture to a FBO and reusing it later in another FBO will not copy it, so I'm quite puzzled. Am I'm doing something fundamentally wrong here?

cheers
Sebastian

Cheers,
Wojtek Lewandowski.

2013/11/11 Sebastian Messerschmidt <sebastian.messerschm...@gmx.de <mailto:sebastian.messerschm...@gmx.de>>

    Hi,

    maybe this seems like s stupid question but why does
    osg::Texture2DMultisample does not have a getNumSamples() function?
    This might come in handy if, like in my case, a texture is passed
    around for MRT binding (camera->attach), to determine the number
    of samples for the attach function.
    Would it be okay to add the get function?

    cheers
    Sebastian